CommunitySavers® Multifamily Program
Do you own or manage an unoccupied multifamily property containing three or more units? If your residents are income-eligible, you may receive energy-saving upgrades based on your no-cost energy assessment. Your community will receive energy-saving products, adding value to your property and increasing tenant satisfaction. Ameren Missouri's CommunitySavers® Multifamily Program is designed to help multifamily property owners, managers and their income-eligible residents lower their energy bills and reduce maintenance costs. The Multifamily Program is offered by Ameren Missouri in partnership with Spire.
How it Works
- Verify your multifamily property's eligibility by completing the inquiry form to get started.
- If your property is eligible for the program, we'll work with you to schedule an energy assessment with one of our Client Solution Specialists.
- On the day of your assessment, a Client Solutions Specialist will assess your property and identify any energy-saving opportunities within your building(s).
- Based on your no-cost assessment, your Client Solutions Specialist will provide you with a recommendation report detailing your opportunities for energy efficiency upgrades.
- Your Client Solutions Specialist will work with you and trade allies to complete upgrades.
- Enjoy your energy savings!
Your multifamily building must include at least three units with Ameren Missouri electric service.
The residents who occupy your property must meet at least one of the three following income requirements:
- Participation in a federal, state, or local subsidized housing program.
- Fall within a neighborhood included on the Ameren Missouri's list of eligible low-income neighborhoods. Contact us for your eligibility.
Proof of gross annual-income levels at or below 80% of the area median income for resident(s).
Household Size Annual Income 1 $ 37,200 2 $ 42,500 3 $ 47,800 4 $ 53,100 5 $ 57,350 6 $ 61,600 7 $ 65,850 8 $ 70,100
When a multifamily property does not meet one of the criteria above and will have a combination of qualifying and nonqualifying residents, at least 50% of the residents must be eligible in order for the entire property to qualify. If your multifamily building does not meet the tenant income-eligibility requirements, you may be eligible for the Ameren Missouri Multifamily program.
- An energy assessment is required before incentive eligibility.
- Incentives are capped at 100% of the measure cost (equipment plus labor).
- The annual electric-incentive cap is $500,000 per property. Exceptions may be provided upon request.
- The annual natural-gas incentive cap is $125,000 per property through September 30, 2021, for Spire gas customers.
- All income-eligible incentives require preapproval before beginning the project and before equipment is bought and installed.
- Incentives are provided on a first come, first served basis and are subject to the availability of program funds.
- Pre-inspection verification documentation is needed for existing equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Heating and cooling systems and components, such as boilers, furnaces, air conditioning, heat pumps, HVAC tune-ups, smart or setback thermostats, chillers, or rooftop units
- Interior and exterior lighting, such as LED bulbs and lighting controls
- Water measures, including high efficiency faucet aerators, showerheads, pipe insulation, and heat pump water heaters
- Building shell measures, such as windows, doors, and wall and attic insulation