Heat pump water heaters offer a smart way to save on energy costs. Unlike traditional electric water heaters, heat pump water heaters pull heat out of the air and use it to warm the water. In addition to being energy efficient, they typically last 3-5 years longer than traditional electric water heaters and act as a natural dehumidifier. Save energy, save money and get $350 cash back when you install a new, qualifying heat pump water heater!
- New ENERGY STAR® certified heat pump water heaters are eligibible for the rebate
- Purchase must be made between January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020
- Limit two rebates per residential electric customer account
- Switching from a standard electric water heater to an ENERGY STAR® certified heat pump water heater can save the average household nearly $300 on annual energy costs
- If all standard electric water heaters were switched to ENERGY STAR® certified hot water heat pumps, we could prevent the emission of 19.6 billion pounds of carbon dioxide emissions each year