Do you own or manage an unoccupied multifamily property containing three or more units? We can help you increase the value of your property, lower your residents' energy bills and reduce your maintenance costs! The Ameren Missouri Multifamily program provides qualifying property managers with a no-cost energy assessment, incentives for energy-saving building upgrades, and incentives for energy-saving products installed throughout your building - including your resident's homes.
How it Works
- Complete the inquiry form to get started.
- If your property is eligible, we'll work with you to schedule an energy assessment with one of our Client Solution Specialists.
- Client Solutions Specialist will conduct an assessment and identify any energy-saving opportunities within your building.
- Based on your no-cost assessment, your Client Solutions Specialist will provide you with a recommendation report detailing your opportunities for energy efficiency upgrades. Your Client Solutions Specialist will work with you and trade allies to complete upgrades.
Your multifamily building must include at least three units with Ameren Missouri electric service.
- The annual incentive cap is $100,000 per property.
- Incentives are capped at 75% of the total project cost (equipment plus labor).
- Pre-inspection verification documentation is needed for existing equipment.
- All incentives require preapproval before beginning the project and before equipment is bought and installed.
- Incentives are offered on a first come, first served basis and are subject to the availability of program funds.
- For tubular LED (TLED) and high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting operating 24/7, a 100,000 burn-hour rating is required.
- For TLED and HID lighting that does not operate 24/7, a minimum of 75,000 burn hours is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Participation in a federal, state, or local subsidized housing program.
- Fall within a neighborhood included on the Ameren Missouri's list of eligible low-income neighborhoods. Contact us for your eligibility.
Proof of gross annual-income levels at or below 80% of the area median income for resident(s).
Household Size Annual Income 1 $ 37,200 2 $ 42,500 3 $ 47,800 4 $ 53,100 5 $ 57,350 6 $ 61,600 7 $ 65,850 8 $ 70,100When a multifamily property does not meet one of the criteria above and will have a combination of qualifying and nonqualifying residents, at least 50% of the residents must be eligible in order for the entire property to qualify.
- Heating and cooling systems and components, such as boilers, furnaces, air conditioning, heat pumps, HVAC tune-ups, smart or setback thermostats, chillers, or rooftop units
- Interior and exterior lighting, such as LED bulbs and lighting controls
- Water measures, including high efficiency faucet aerators, showerheads, pipe insulation, and heat pump water heaters
- Building shell measures, such as windows, doors, and wall and attic insulation