The Peak Time Savings program works to ease energy demand without sacrificing comfort by syncing with your home’s smart thermostat to make slight, temporary adjustments during demand response events. These events are periods of high electricity demand when energy prices are higher than usual. By anticipating these demand response events and pre-cooling your home accordingly, Peak Time Savings ensures that you stay comfortable throughout the event. Plus, you're always in control of your thermostat and have the option of opting out of events.*
To participate in the program, you must be an Ameren Missouri electric service customer and have a smart thermostat installed in your home. Your smart thermostat can be one you already own or you can purchase a qualifying model from a qualifying manufacturer.
- Purchase a qualifying smart thermostat and install it in your home.
- Complete your enrollment by selecting "Complete your enrollment" underneath the manufacturer of your smart thermostat above.
- Receive your enrollment bonus within 4 weeks of completed enrollment.
- On up to 10 very hot days when demand for energy peaks, the program may schedule a Peak Time Savings event.
- Prior to the event, you will be notified before your smart thermostat automatically pre-cools your home to ensure your comfort, then lowers your energy usage during the peak period to conserve energy.
- Your smart thermostat will automatically adjust back to your preprogrammed cooling settings once the event is completed.
Events last no longer than a few hours and only occur Monday through Friday during the months of May through September. The best part? Once you enroll, you don't have to do a thing. Your smart thermostat does all the work!
*Opting out of too many events may lead to removal from the program.