Peak Time Savings - ecobee
Save energy, stay comfortable, help keep energy costs down, receive a $50 "sign-up" bonus AND earn $25 annually! It's easy. Just enroll using the ecobee app and let your qualifying smart thermostat do all the hard work.
Ameren Missouri's Peak Time Savings program, powered by eco+, helps you save in a few ways.
This season, the Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings program is partnering with ecobee to help reward you for using less energy when everyone else is using more. When you sign up, the Peak Time Savings Program uses eco+ to automatically adjust the temperature during these peak periods, while keeping you in control. As a thank-you, the Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program will reward you with a $50 sign-up bonus for participating and $25 annually.
The Peak Time Savings Program and eco+ from ecobee can help you find additional energy savings by adjusting for your daily schedule and the energy demand in your area. By adjusting the temperature a few degrees, you'll save energy and might not even notice the difference.
There may be a few days in the summer that create a heavier demand for energy. To ensure everyone's energy needs are met efficiently, we'll announce a Peak Time Savings Program event to reduce demand where we can. These events pre-cool your home when energy demand is lowest and limit your air conditioning usage during the event. This helps you stay comfortable before, during and after the event, while conserving energy during those peak times. You'll always be notified when an event is scheduled.
The Savings Slider allows ecobee to capture your savings and comfort preferences. This slider will determine the degree to which your ecobee will optimize energy consumption to deliver savings. The Savings Slider will also determine how much precooling and setback your home will experience during an event.
The Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program events are an easy way to save money and energy, reduce your carbon footprint, and keep energy costs more affordable for all Ameren Missouri customers - without ever lifting a finger.
Make a Difference
Earn $50 just for signing up!
Your thermostat already does a lot to keep you comfortable and conserve energy. But now Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program is here to help your thermostat do even more. By understanding how your home uses energy, the weather in your area, and your unique comfort settings, Peak Time Savings uses its cutting-edge technology to create the most energy-efficient schedule for you and your family. Peak Time Savings easily fits your lifestyle to help you save the most while still keeping you comfortable.
How it Works
- Make sure that your home's cooling system is operated by a qualifying WiFi-enabled smart thermostat. (See our FAQ page for a list of qualifying smart thermostats.) Don't have a smart thermostat? You can purchase one at the Ameren Missouri Online Store and install it.
- If you have not yet enrolled in eco+, complete your enrollment in the Peak Time Savings program by first accepting eco+ in your ecobee app. Next, follow the prompts in your ecobee app to identify yourself as an Ameren Missouri customer and finish enrolling in the Peak Time Savings program. If you have enrolled in eco+, go to your eco+ settings and enable your "Community Energy Savings". From there, you can follow the prompts to complete your Peak Time Savings enrollment. You may also call 1.877.215.5752 for additional questions.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Peak Time Savings Program and then you are officially enrolled. You'll now receive $50 as a sign-up bonus.
- On a daily basis, the eco+ will incorporate your preferences along with information about how your home uses energy, the local weather, and your billing information to create a more efficient schedule that will maximize your savings while maintaining your comfort.
- On the rare occasions that demand on the electrical grid is exceedingly high - and only on Monday through Friday during the months of May through September - your smart thermostat will automatically adjust to circulate the already-cooled air in your home. These times are called 'events' and will only last a few hours before your smart thermostat adjusts back to your preprogrammed cooling settings.
- Within a month of the anniversary of your enrollment, you'll receive $25.
The requirements for participating in the Peak Time Savings program are as follows:
- Customers must have Ameren Missouri residential electric service to participate.
- This program is available to customers with individual, dedicated HVAC systems with central air conditioning only (including air-source heat pumps). Window AC units do not qualify, and customers are not eligible if their HVAC system is shared between units or centrally controlled.
- Customers must have or purchase an eligible thermostat - ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4 ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, Google Nest Learning Thermostat (any generation), Google Nest Thermostat E, Sensi Smart Thermostat, or Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to Wi-Fi within the home
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to and control a central air conditioner or air-source heat pump
- All smart thermostats in the home must be from the same manufacturer and be participating in the program
- There can be no additional thermostats controlling temperature within the home
- Net metering customers are not eligible
- Customer's account must not be in the Medical Equipment Registry
- Customers participating in a Time-of-Use (TOU) rate are not eligible
- Agreement to the program Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions - Overall
Frequently Asked Questions - Event Questions
You can opt out of an event at any time by setting a hold on your ecobee or tapping on the eco+ icon. You can also call the Peak Time Savings Program at 1.877.215.5752. Ameren Missouri reserves the right to remove participants from the Peak Time Savings Program or make the customer ineligible for the next annual incentive if they opt out of three or more events in the year.