Peak Time Savings - ecobee
ecobee is launching a new way to participate in the Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program. Check your ecobee app to get the new eco+ offer and access even more ways to manage energy use around your home.
Ameren Missouri's Peak Time Savings program helps you save in a few ways.
The program's smart technology works in the background to learn your preferred temperature ranges and how your home uses energy based on factors like weather, your typical AC runtime, and how quickly or slowly the temperature changes in your home.
The Peak Time Savings Program checks for energy-saving opportunities every day. When an opportunity arises to help you save, a custom schedule is sent to your smart thermostat. By adjusting the temperature a few degrees, you'll save energy and might not even notice.
There may be a few days in the summer that create a heavier demand for energy. To ensure everyone's energy needs are met efficiently, we'll announce a Peak Time Savings Program event to reduce demand where we can. These events pre-cool your home when energy demand is lowest and limit your air conditioning usage during the event. This helps you stay comfortable before, during and after the event, while conserving energy during those peak times. You'll always be notified when an event is scheduled.
To help you stay comfortable and lower your energy costs, our smart technology automatically adjusts your temperature based on learned preferences. Rest assured that you can still adjust the temperature in your home at any time. Otherwise, enjoy the energy savings.
The Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program events are an easy way to save money and energy, reduce your carbon footprint, and keep energy costs more affordable for all Ameren Missouri customers - without ever lifting a finger.
Make a Difference
Earn $50 just for signing up!
Your thermostat already does a lot to keep you comfortable and conserve energy. But now Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program is here to help your thermostat do even more. By understanding how your home uses energy, the weather in your area, and your unique comfort settings, Peak Time Savings uses its cutting-edge technology to create the most energy-efficient schedule for you and your family. Peak Time Savings easily fits your lifestyle to help you save the most while still keeping you comfortable.
How it Works
- Make sure that your home's cooling system is operated by a qualifying WiFi-enabled smart thermostat. (See our FAQ page for a list of qualifying smart thermostats.) Don't have a smart thermostat? You can purchase one at the Ameren Missouri Online Store and install it.
- Complete the Peak Time Savings program enrollment form online. You may also call 1.877.215.5752 for additional questions.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Peak Time Savings Program and then you are officially enrolled. You'll now receive $50 as a sign-up bonus.
- On a daily basis, the Peak Time Savings Program will incorporate your preferences along with information about how your home uses energy, the local weather, and your billing information to create a more efficient schedule that will maximize your savings while maintaining your comfort.
- On the rare occasions that demand on the electrical grid is exceedingly high - and only on Monday through Friday during the months of May through September - your smart thermostat will automatically adjust to circulate the already-cooled air in your home. These times are called 'events' and will only last a few hours before your smart thermostat adjusts back to your preprogrammed cooling settings.
- Within a month of the anniversary of your enrollment, you'll receive $25.
The requirements for participating in the Peak Time Savings program are as follows:
- Customers must have Ameren Missouri residential electric service to participate.
- This program is available to customers with individual, dedicated HVAC systems with central air conditioning only (including air-source heat pumps). Window AC units do not qualify, and customers are not eligible if their HVAC system is shared between units or centrally controlled.
- Customers must have or purchase an eligible thermostat - ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4 ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, Google Nest Learning Thermostat (any generation), Google Nest Thermostat E, Sensi Smart Thermostat, or Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to Wi-Fi within the home
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to and control a central air conditioner or air-source heat pump
- No more than 2 smart thermostats per household and all smart thermostats in the home must be from the same manufacturer and be participating in the program
- There can be no additional thermostats controlling temperature within the home
- In 2019, ecobee may be offering some customers an opportunity to take part in a pilot called eco+. Customers cannot participate in both the ecobee pilot and Peak Time Savings program at the same time. If you currently participate in the ecobee pilot, you can elect to enroll in Peak Time Savings, at which time you will be removed from the ecobee eco+ 2019 pilot.
- Net metering customers are not eligible
- Customer's account must not be in the Medical Equipment Registry
- Customers participating in a Time-of-Use (TOU) rate are not eligible
- Agreement to the program Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions - Overall
Frequently Asked Questions - Event Questions
If you wish to opt out of the event and adjust your thermostat settings, then you can call the Peak Time Savings Program at 1.877.215.5752. Ameren Missouri reserves the right to remove participants from the Peak Time Savings Program or make the customer ineligible for the next annual incentive if they opt out of three or more events in the year.
Frequently Asked Questions - Thermostat Optimization Questions
Have you already recalibrated your schedule? Simply adjust your thermostat. You're always in control of your thermostat.
Also, you can adjust the set point on your thermostat. The Peak Time Savings Program will resume when the next EE schedule is dispatched, which is typically at a 2-hour cadence.
When Peak Time Savings isn't optimizing your schedule for more savings, we'll always follow your regular thermostat settings.
To get the best schedule, avoid putting your sensors close to a place that is drafty or unusually warm, such as a vent, fan, window, or oven.