Peak Time Savings - Google Nest
Contribute to a smart energy future, help keep costs down for your community and benefit the environment! Plus, you'll earn a sign-up bonus of $50 and receive $25 each year! All you need is a qualifying smart thermostat, and you'll see that our Peak Time Savings Program, powered by Nest Rush Hour Rewards, may be right for you. Sign up today!Enroll My Google Nest Purchase a Qualifying Thermostat
Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings, powered by Nest Rush Hour Rewards, helps you save.
Make a Difference
Earn $50 just for signing up!
Your thermostat already does a lot to keep you comfortable and conserve energy. But now Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program is here to help your thermostat do even more. By understanding how your home uses energy, the weather in your area, and your unique comfort settings, Peak Time Savings uses its cutting-edge technology to create the most energy-efficient schedule for you and your family. Peak Time Savings easily fits your lifestyle to help you save the most while still keeping you comfortable.
About the Program
This season, the Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings program is partnering with Google Nest to help reward you for using less energy when everyone else is using more. When you sign up, the Peak Time Savings Program uses Nest Rush Hour Rewards to automatically adjust the temperature during these peak periods, while keeping you in control. As a thank-you, the Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program will reward you with a $50 sign-up bonus for participating and $25 annually.
Peak Time Savings Event
Peak Time Savings Events or "energy rush hours" will be implemented on days in the summer that create a heavier demand for energy. To ensure everyone's energy needs are met efficiently, we are offering Peak Time Savings Events to reduce demand where we can. These events will pre-cool your home using your comfort settings when energy demand is lowest and limit your air conditioning usage during the event. This helps you stay comfortable before, during and after the event while also conserving energy during peak times. You'll always be notified when an event is scheduled.
Some Peak Time Savings program participants may be invited to participate in Seasonal Savings as a part of the program offering. Seasonal Savings can give your Google Nest thermostat's temperature schedule a tune-up in the early summer and winter. By automatically making small changes, Seasonal Savings helps you use energy more efficiently. Seasonal Savings uses the temperature preferences your Google Nest thermostat learns to find ways to save energy without compromising comfort.
Effortless Comfort and Control
Our smart technology will automatically adjust your temperature for you based on learned preferences. This will keep you comfortable and save energy during peak times. Rest assured that you can still adjust the temperature in your home at any time.
Make a Difference and Save
The Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program is an easy way to contribute to a smart energy future, reduce your carbon footprint, and keep energy costs more affordable for everyone without ever lifting a finger!
Here's How it Works:
- Make sure that your home's cooling system is operated by a qualifying Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostat. (See our FAQ page for a list of qualifying smart thermostats.) Don't have a smart thermostat? You can purchase one at the Ameren Missouri Online Store and install it.
- Complete your enrollment in the Peak Time Savings Program, powered by Nest Rush Hour Rewards, online. You may also call 1.877.215.5752 for additional questions.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Peak Time Savings Program that you are officially enrolled. You'll receive $50 as a sign-up bonus if you did not receive the $50 sign-up bonus as an instant incentive when you purchased your qualifying thermostat at the Ameren Missouri Online Store.
- On certain dates that energy demand is exceedingly high - and only Monday through Friday during the months of May through September - your smart thermostat will automatically adjust to circulate the cooled air in your home. These times are called 'events' or 'energy rush hours' and will only last a few hours before your smart thermostat adjusts back to your preprogrammed cooling settings.
- Within a month of the anniversary of your enrollment, you'll receive $25.
The requirements for participating in the Peak Time Savings program are as follows:
- Customers must have Ameren Missouri residential electric service to participate.
- Customers must have or purchase an eligible thermostat - ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4 ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, Google Nest Learning Thermostat (any generation), Google Nest Thermostat E, Sensi Smart Thermostat, or Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat.
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to Wi-Fi within the home.
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to and control a central air conditioner or air-source heat pump.
- All smart thermostats in the home must be from the same manufacturer and be participating in the program.
- There can be no additional thermostats controlling temperature within the home.
- This program is available to customers with individual, dedicated HVAC systems with central air conditioning only (including source heat pumps). Window AC units do not qualify, and customers are not eligible if their HVAC system is shared between units or centrally controlled.
- Net metering customers are not eligible.
- Customer's account must not be in the Medical Equipment Registry.
- Customers participating in a Time-of-Use (TOU) rate are not eligible.
- Agreement to the program Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
Sign Up for the Peak Time Savings program
Already have a Google Nest thermostat? To begin, simply complete your enrollment by clicking on Enroll my Google Nest above. After your eligibility is confirmed, you will receive an email with your enrollment confirmation.
Need to purchase a qualifying thermostat? To begin, simply shop at the Ameren Missouri Online Store by clicking Purchase a Qualifying Thermostat above. After you purchase and install the thermostat and complete your enrollment, you will receive an email with your enrollment confirmation.
Frequently Asked Questions - Overall
If you purchase a qualifying thermostat from the Ameren Missouri Online Store, then your $50 sign-up bonus will be applied as an instant rebate at the time of purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions - Event Questions
Frequently Asked Questions - Seasonal Savings Questions
When Seasonal Savings is adjusting temperatures, the changes it makes are subtle, just a fraction of a degree each day. Over the course of the entire tune-up period, the changes typically add up to about 1℉. The biggest temperature adjustments usually happen while you're asleep or away, so you may never even notice the changes made by Seasonal Savings.
Not all customers will be invited to participate in Seasonal Savings. In order to properly evaluate the effectiveness of the Peak Time Savings Program, we must reserve a group of customers (called a control group) to provide a comparison to other customers who are participating.