Peak Time Savings - Emerson Sensi
Contribute to a smart energy future, help keep costs down for your community and benefit the environment. Plus, you'll earn a sign-up bonus of $50 and receive $25 annually! It's easy. Just sign up and let your qualifying smart thermostat do all the hard work.Enroll My Emerson Sensi Purchase an Emerson Sensi
Make a Difference
Earn $50 just for signing up!
Your thermostat already does a lot to keep you comfortable and conserve energy. But now Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program is here to help your thermostat do even more. By understanding how your home uses energy, the weather in your area, and your unique comfort settings, Peak Time Savings uses its cutting-edge technology to make your smart thermostat even smarter. Peak Time Savings easily fits your lifestyle to help you save the most while still keeping you comfortable.
About the Program
The program's smart technology works in the background to learn your preferred temperature ranges and how your home uses energy based on factors like weather, your typical AC runtime, and how quickly or slowly the temperature changes in your home. During times of peak energy demand, the program uses this knowledge to help keep you comfortable while reducing your energy use. As a thank-you, the Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program will reward you with a $50 sign-up bonus for participating and $25 annually.
There may be a few days in the summer that create a heavier demand for energy. To ensure everyone's energy needs are met efficiently, we'll announce a Peak Time Savings Event to reduce demand where we can. These events pre-cool your home when energy demand is lowest and limit your air conditioning usage during the event. This helps you stay comfortable before, during and after the event, while conserving energy during those peak times. You'll always be notified when an event is scheduled.
Our smart technology will help you save energy during peak times while keeping you comfortable based on learned preferences. Rest assured that you can still adjust the temperature in your home at any time.
The Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program is an easy way to contribute to a smart energy future, reduce your carbon footprint and keep energy costs more affordable for everyone without ever lifting a finger.
How it Works
- Make sure that your home's cooling system is operated by a qualifying WiFi-enabled smart thermostat. (See our FAQ page for a list of qualifying smart thermostats.) Don't have a smart thermostat? You can purchase one at the Ameren Missouri Online Store and install it.
- Complete the Peak Time Savings program enrollment form online. You may also call 1.877.215.5752 for additional questions.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Peak Time Savings Program and then you are officially enrolled. You'll also receive $50 as a sign-up bonus within 4 weeks.
- On the rare occasions that demand on the electrical grid is exceedingly high - and only on Monday through Friday during the months of May through September - your smart thermostat will automatically adjust to circulate the already-cooled air in your home. These times are called 'events' and will only last a few hours before your smart thermostat adjusts back to your preprogrammed cooling settings.
- Within a month of the anniversary of your enrollment, you'll receive $25.
The requirements for participating in the Peak Time Savings program are as follows:
- Customers must have Ameren Missouri residential electric service to participate.
- Customers must have or purchase an eligible thermostat - ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4 ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, Google Nest Learning Thermostat (any generation), Google Nest Thermostat E, Sensi Smart Thermostat, or Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat.
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to Wi-Fi within the home.
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to and control a central air conditioner or air-source heat pump.
- No more than 2 smart thermostats per household and all smart thermostats in the home must be from the same manufacturer and be participating in the program.
- There can be no additional thermostats controlling the temperature within the home.
- This program is available to customers with individual, dedicated HVAC systems with central air conditioning only (including air-source heat pumps). Window AC units do not qualify, and customers are not eligible if their HVAC system is shared between units or centrally controlled.
- Net metering customers are not eligible.
- Customer's account must not be in the Medical Equipment Registry.
- Customers participating in a Time-of-Use (TOU) rate are not eligible.
- Agreement to the program Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions - Overall
Frequently Asked Questions - Peak Time Savings Events
If you wish to opt-out of the event and adjust your thermostat settings, then you can call the Peak Time Savings Program at 1.877.215.5752. Ameren Missouri reserves the right to remove participants from the Peak Time Savings Program or make the customer ineligible for the next annual incentive if they opt-out of three or more events in the year.