Contribute to a smart energy future, help keep costs down for your community and benefit the environment. Plus, you'll earn a sign-up bonus of $50 and receive $25 annually! It's easy. Just sign up and let your qualifying smart thermostat do all the hard work.Enroll My Emerson Sensi
Make a Difference
Earn $50 just for signing up!
Your thermostat already does a lot to keep you comfortable and conserve energy. But now Ameren Missouri Peak Time Savings Program is here to help your thermostat do even more. By understanding how your home uses energy, the weather in your area, and your unique comfort settings, Peak Time Savings uses its cutting-edge technology to make your smart thermostat even smarter. Peak Time Savings easily fits your lifestyle to help you save the most while still keeping you comfortable.
How it Works
- Make sure that your home's cooling system is operated by a qualifying WiFi-enabled smart thermostat. (See our FAQ page for a list of qualifying smart thermostats.) Don't have a smart thermostat? You can purchase one at the Ameren Missouri Online Store and install it.
- Complete the Peak Time Savings program enrollment form online. You may also call 1.877.215.5752 for additional questions.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Peak Time Savings Program and then you are officially enrolled. You'll also receive $50 as a sign-up bonus within 4 weeks.
- On the rare occasions that demand on the electrical grid is exceedingly high - and only on Monday through Friday during the months of May through September - your smart thermostat will automatically adjust to circulate the already-cooled air in your home. These times are called 'events' and will only last a few hours before your smart thermostat adjusts back to your preprogrammed cooling settings.
- If you are enrolled in the Peak Time Savings Program with a Sensi device your home will also take part in Energy Efficiency days. Energy Efficiency days use learned behavior to help you create energy savings.
- Within a month of the anniversary of your enrollment, you'll receive $25 in the form of a bill credit.
The requirements for participating in the Peak Time Savings program are as follows:
- Customers must have Ameren Missouri residential electric service to participate.
- Customers must have or purchase an eligible thermostat - ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, ecobee4 ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control, Google Nest Learning Thermostat (any generation), Nest Thermostat, Google Nest Thermostat E, Sensi Smart Thermostat, or Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat.
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must be connected to Wi-Fi within the home.
- Any smart thermostat(s) participating in the program must connect to and control a central air conditioner, air source heat pump, ground source heat pump or ductless system.
- No more than 2 smart thermostats per household and all smart thermostats in the home must be from the same manufacturer and be participating in the program.
- There can be no additional thermostats controlling the temperature within the home.
- Ameren Missouri residential electric customers who have individual, dedicated HVAC systems with furnaces and/or central air conditioning (including air, single stage and ground source heat pumps as well as ductless systems) are eligible. Homes featuring only window A/C units as their cooling source, boiler or radiant systems, line voltage systems, multistage heat pumps or homes with HVAC systems that are shared between units or centrally controlled are not eligible to participate.
- Net metering customers are not eligible.
- Customer's account must not be in the Medical Equipment Registry.
- Agreement to the program Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re on a TOU rate, you’re probably already trying to shift your energy use out of high-demand hours. With Peak Time Savings, the program will manage this energy shifting for you, cooling your home before high-demand hours start, then reducing your use during the more expensive hours.
Peak Time Savings Events
If you wish to opt-out of the event and adjust your thermostat settings, then you can call the Peak Time Savings Program at 1.877.215.5752. Ameren Missouri reserves the right to remove participants from the Peak Time Savings Program or make the customer ineligible for the next annual incentive if they opt-out of three or more events in the year.
Daily Energy Efficiency Optimization
When Peak Time Savings sees an opportunity to help you save even more, it may set your thermostat above or below your settings by just a few degrees. The goal is for this change to be small so that you stay comfortable.
If you become uncomfortable, the first step is to make sure your thermostat schedule is set to temperatures that you prefer. Setting your thermostat schedule will help us understand your preferences. You can change your schedule any time.